Thursday, August 17, 2017

For the Love of God!

I want to be honest with y'all about something.  My worldview has been shaken.  Don't get me wrong, what I write on here I do believe - I'm not lying in my entries; but I do struggle with something you may not know about.

The love of God.

My views are pretty bad.  Like, I believe He has unconditional love for everyone - except for me.  I'M the exception.  I mean, I believe He loves me, just not the same as everyone else.  Pretty stupid right?  Why would I even think this?  I honestly don't know, and for a week now God has been showing me some pretty amazing things that I can't get into completely (but my last couple entries do explain some of them).  I'm realizing that my foundation on what I believe about Jesus is actually really weak and is crumbling.  A friend told me to read Romans 8:38-39:


And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love.  Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears today or our worries about tomorrow - not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love.  No power in the sky above or in the earth below - indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Wow!  Nothing can separate us from God's love.  No matter how much we may fail, no matter how much we screw up, NOTHING can separate us from the love of God!  In the words of Jesus:


"I give them eternal life, and they will never perish.  No one can snatch them away from me."

John 10:28


No one can snatch us from His hands...

Once He has us, He is NEVER letting go and no one can take us away from Him!  Isn't that incredible?!

I often feel like a complete failure, and indeed, I do fail often - we all do!  None of us are perfect.  Yet Jesus loves us still - no matter what failures we have.

Nothing can separate us from God's love....

That is so powerful!  The love people give us is often fleeting and temporary.  Once they've gotten something from us, they throw us away like yesterday's garbage (okay, not everyone does that, but a lot of people do).  But God isn't like that.


Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!  His faithful love endures forever.

1 Chronicles 16:34


God's love endures forever.  It never leaves.  It's never here one moment and gone the next.  No, it's FOREVER!  Do you know how incredible that is?  He will never abandon us like so many people do.  His love is never fleeting.  His love is forever!  It's like a worship song I absolutely love, "Furious."  The chorus says:

His love is deep, His love is wide and it covers us
His love is fierce, His love is strong and it's furious
His love is sweet, His love is wild and it's waking hearts to life

It's so true!  His love is deeper than the Mariana Trench in the ocean!  His love is wider than universe!  His love endures forever and is powerful.

So what's holding you back from accepting the love of God?



No comments:

Post a Comment