Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Protector



We're going to discuss on how God is a protector.  If you skipped the video clip because it's anime and cheesy, I recommend you watch it.  People have compared Goku from Dragonball Z to Superman (there have been debates all over if they got in a fight who would win).  People have compared Superman to Jesus.  What attracts people to super heroes?  Is it their powers?  Do people wish they could have powers like the super heroes?  Perhaps some people relate to some super heroes.  For me, I always liked the protector role.  Either I wanted to be protected or I wanted to protect others.

Growing up I got bullied a lot and always wanted someone to protect me during that time.  No one came to protect me other than my family, but I would imagine someone coming to my rescue.  Someone would come and set things right.

God is our protector.  He protects us from the Evil One.  As I discussed in the previous entry ( http://writtenimred.blogspot.com/2015/08/darkness.html ), the enemy comes to destroy, but Christ came to give us life abundantly (John 10:10).  Jesus said
"I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.  My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand."
- John 10:28-29 

The enemy can't snatch us out of God's hands!  He holds us in His hands and the enemy can't snatch us out!  Jesus described himself as a good shepherd:
"I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep."
- John 10:11


The shepherds role is to care for their sheep, and sheep are very dumb.  Sheep will get themselves into trouble and a good shepherd will go out of their way to keep that sheep safe from hungry wolves.  We get ourselves into trouble a lot, but Jesus rescues us when we've fallen into a ditch and can't pull ourselves out.  He cares for us, defenseless sheep, and when hungry wolves come to devour us, he protects us with his staff.  He gets in between us and the wolves and attacks the wolves.  The enemy fears him.  He'll do whatever it takes to protect us.  He is our protector.  We are never alone.  When the bullies come, he defends us.  So next you're afraid, remember, you have a protector.


1 comment:

  1. My "father" wants to come in fall around time of his passing. But i continually remind myself that the spirit is either in heaven or hell. Satan isn't going to let u go and u wouldn't want to leave heaven. So i know this is a fake, a spirit. I have been long periods without visits but i did have some trouble this past May. There were pets come and I realized that I had been under an attack. I started praying and went thru my house and cleansed it. Got a person out of my life who shouldn't have been there. Plus I had had problems with nightmares but was delivered of the previous to May. What a relief. No one knew I was having nightmares. In church, a pastor prophesied over me and told me I wouldn't have any more nightmares. I felt something leave or lighten. So much so that it took my breath away. I started gasping like a panic attack but it was really God setting me free!

    ReplyDelete