Monday, February 12, 2018

Take Courage








What does courage look like?

I'm a very fearful person - a coward if you will.  I can't really think of anything that I'm not afraid of!

When we think about courage, we think of people who are fearless!  When we think of someone with courage, we think of characters like Rambo or John McClane.  What if our views on courage aren't true though?  What if TRUE courage was something else?

What if courage isn't the absence of fear, but rather in the presence of fear?

I really like Isaiah 41:13



For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.



There are TONS of places in Scripture that says to not be afraid, but at the same time, God tells us that He will be with us when we are afraid.  He knows we'll never, not have fear.  We all have something we're afraid of.  If I listed all my fears we'd have to write a book as big as the Gutenberg Bible!

When you are afraid, put your trust in Jesus; put your hope in him.  He won't fail you.  He's greater than any fears we have.  He's conquered death.  He's defeated the Adversary.  He's brought the dead back to life.  He's casted out demons from people.  He's healed the sick and lame.




The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.

John 1:5




There is always that light that will NEVER go out - even if it seems far away and dim, it is ALWAYS there - follow that light!

Courage.....

True courage isn't the absence of fear, but rather saying, "I am going to put my trust in the One who will protect me, even though I'm terrified!"

One of my biggest fears is that I'll be completely alone - everyone will leave me.  So many people have left me, especially in my time of need - and it leaves me terrified that there will be no one left.  This may seem like an irrational fear, and that may be true.  Most fears are irrational; but even if that did happen, there is one who would NEVER leave me - Jesus.  People have promised me they'd never leave me, and in the end many of them did.  But God promised He would NEVER leave me nor forsake me, and He keeps His promises.  In my fear of being completely alone, I need to put my trust in Jesus that he will always be with me, just as he promised.





Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

Psalm 31:24



I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me.  Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.  But take heart, because I have overcome the world.

John 16:33





Put your trust in Jesus, he has overcome the world.  He will always be there for you, even when no one else is.




No comments:

Post a Comment