Monday, February 26, 2018

He Lavishes His Love On Us






"'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the Lord, who has compassion for you."

Isaiah 54:10



How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!

1 John 3:1





There are many verses that describe God's love for us, but these two I want to focus more on.

 We have a God that has compassion for us and lavishes his love on us!  Lavish....that's a word you don't hear often anymore.

Lavish:  rich, elaborate, luxurious.

God's love is rich, elaborate, and luxurious!

Often times, it can be difficult to think God lavishes his love on us or has compassion for us when you see (or experience) a lot of suffering in the world.

"Where are you God in all of this?  Are you even there?"  Don't worry, people often wondered this in Scripture as well.





O LORD, why do you stand so far away?  Why do you hide when I am in trouble?

Psalm 10:1





I know in my life, there have been MANY times where I've asked this.  Does he not see our tears?  Does he not hear our cries for help?  He does though.  I can't answer why you've experienced what you have gone through.  I can tell you this though - God has and always will be there with you through it.

There have been times where he's seemed so far away from me.  When I give into my cutting for example - he always feels further away than before, even though I know he hasn't gone further away from me. He's still there with me through it all.

He has compassion for you.  He knows the pain you go through - he's been through a lot of pain himself.  His heart BREAKS for you.  He's not a distant God, even if it feels like he is.  He is there and wants to help you - he wants to comfort you.  Let him lavish his love on you.





No comments:

Post a Comment