Sunday, October 22, 2017

Stronger than you Think







The LORD is my strength and song; he has given me victory.

Psalm 118:14



My help comes from LORD, who made heaven and earth!

Psalm 121:2



The LORD is my strength and shield.  I trust him with all my heart.  He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.  I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

Psalm 28:7



I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Philippians 4:13



He gives strength to the weary and increases the power in the weak.

Isaiah 40:29



....but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:31



That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:10



God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Psalm 46:1




These are only a handful of verses that talk about how we are strong through Christ.  There are many other verses that talk about how Christ gives us strength. 

Alone, we are weak and frail.  I don't know how people can get through this life without Him.  I've heard the saying "People only use God as a crutch."  God isn't a crutch though.  We're not in need of a crutch, but rather a heart transplant!  Our hearts are hard like stone; but Jesus gives us a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26)!  This can make us more vulnerable, but he will protect us.

Jesus gives us strength to keep going, no matter what hardships we are going through.  The enemy would love nothing more than to beat you down to where you can't get back up.  He would love nothing more than to destroy you.  Don't let him!  Jesus came to give life (John 10:10) - YOU life!  Rely on Him to give you the strength to keep going.  You are going to get through this, with his help!  He is fighting for you (Exodus 14:14)!  Don't give up!




No comments:

Post a Comment