Saturday, October 28, 2017

Overcome






Everyone faces a different battle than another person.  We really can't understand EXACTLY what another person is going through unless you've been in EXACTLY their shoes.  We can understand they're in pain, anxious, depressed, etc.  But to understand exactly what they're going through, we can't.  Everyone faces a different battle....

A lot has happened in the 27 years I've been around.  A lot of mental illnesses, abuse, three suicide attempts (and nearly several others), bullying, and addiction.  I've had to overcome a lot - and I still have a LONG ways to go to overcome other things.  Life is never easy for anyone.

Someone told me because I don't work I have it easy.  The grass is always greener on the other side, friends.  No one has an easy life.  We all have chains we can't seem to be able to break free from.  We can break through them though - but not on our own.  We don't have the strength to break the chains.  We need a Savior - someone who IS strong enough to break those chains! 

Lately my depression and anxiety have been very severe, and it feels like things aren't going to get better (but I know eventually they will).  I feel hopeless...and desperate to get out.  I've got to hang on to Jesus though, because if anyone can help get me through this, it's Him.  Any trial I have overcome, it's been because of Jesus. 




He will listen to the prayers of the destitute.  He will not reject their pleas.

Psalm 102:17




Often times we feel like we're alone in what we're facing - but we're not.  We have a God who understands what we've been through.  We have a God who loves us SO much, that he will never leave us as we are.  He frees us from our chains.  We have to hang onto Him.  He will help you overcome your trials.  We may not escape the trials, but he will help us through them.  A youth pastor once said we can't go around it, we can't go over it, we can't dig under it, and we can't just sit there.  We have to go through it, and Jesus will help us through it.  We can OVERCOME it!  Not by our own power, but by the grace of God!

We are all broken people, thankfully we have a God who understands our brokenness.



No comments:

Post a Comment