Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Priceless






I heard this song for the first time last night at Celebrate Recovery.  If you've been following my blog, you know I struggle with cutting (among other things).  There are two reasons why I cut.  First, to punish myself if I've done something wrong.  The other reason is when my emotions are too intense.  I've gone nearly two months without cutting, God willing it will be longer 😊

Anyway, I want to focus on the first reason.  I often feel like I have to punish myself.  Maybe you feel the same way.  Like that's the only way you're going to learn not to do it again.  You feel unworthy of grace, so you have to punish yourself.  If this is you, let me tell you this:  You don't have to punish yourself anymore!  You see, God sent his son Jesus to take our punishment for us.  This means we don't have to punish ourselves, because he took it for us!

Feel worthless?  You are PRICELESS!  God loves you SO MUCH!!  I wish I could tell you how much he loves you, but I can't because anything I say wouldn't be even close to just how much he loves you!  No matter what you've done, he loves you with a love that cannot be described.  You are his child!  A good parent would do anything for their child.  How much more will your Heavenly Father do for you - his child?

Trust me, I know what it's like to think God couldn't possibly love you.  I have thought that almost all of my life.  I mean, I knew he loved everyone, but I was the exception.  "I'm too messed up!  Look at everything I've done, there's no way he could want someone like me!"  Do you have similar thoughts?  Maybe you've been rejected a lot - especially by other Christians.  Maybe even your family rejected you.  "How could a holy God love me when I'm so unlovable?  If they rejected me, how could he not?"

He doesn't reject you though.  Even if the world rejects you, he NEVER will!  He made you not because he had to, but because he loves you so much that he wants you!  It doesn't matter what you've done.  It doesn't matter how much you hate yourself or anyone else hates you, he will ALWAYS love you.  You mean more to him than there are stars in the sky!

Someone once told me that even if everyone in the world was saved except for me, Jesus still would've died for me.  Y'all, he would do the same for you!  Really think about that.  If YOU were the only person who was not saved, he would still die for YOU!

You are so precious to him.  I think if we knew even just a little bit of how much he loves us, we would never be the same.  Our lives would be so radically different!  If God loves us 100%, we may know at the most .5% of how much he loves us.  I don't think we could handle knowing just how much he really loves us.  It's something we can't understand, something we can't comprehend. 

He loves you more than girls love diamonds!  You are more valuable to him than anything in the universe!  If there's anything you get out of my blogs, I hope it's that God loves you SOOOOOOOO much!!




No comments:

Post a Comment