Friday, October 28, 2016

The End is Nigh

I don't talk much about "The End Times," but I thought I'd discuss it a little bit today.  My husband and I have differing views on it and I'm not completely sure what I believe about it as of right now.  So I thought I'd share my thoughts.

First, a little rant.  There have been times where I've heard people say, "I'm a Christian my family are all Christians, my children are Christians, I'm just waiting for Jesus to come back now."  That's great you and your family are Christians, but why wait?  What I mean is there is so much that needs to be done in this dying world.  We were not called to just sit on our butts all day waiting for Jesus to come back.  We were called to preach the Gospel all over the world, baptizing people in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).  Think of all the lost and hurting people in the world.  Don't they deserve to hear the Good News just as much as anyone else?  We have a mission here, we were born with this mission, to know Him and to make Him known.

Okay so on to the End Times.  People have been saying for many generations, "Jesus is coming back soon!"  The question is, how soon?  Here's my thought: before He comes back, things are going to get worse, MUCH worse than they are now.  You think immorality and lawlessness is bad now?  It's going to get a hell of a lot worse before He comes back!  You may ask, "How can things get much worse than they are now?"  In the days of Noah (Matthew 24:37).  Are we going through some of that?  Yes, but I don't think it's quite at the extent as what happened then.  Think about it, things got so bad that God literally had to destroy nearly everyone and everything!  Things were so bad, God actually regretted creating people (Genesis 6:6).  No doubt though, things are getting really bad.  Take child sacrifices for instance.  I know you don't want to hear it, but it's very important.  People think child sacrifices were in the past, but they're not, they happen right here in the US!  Only it's called by a different name: Abortion.  How is abortion the same as child sacrifice?  Abortion is killing the baby at the alter of convenience.  They don't want the child, or it's going to be born disabled and they don't want to raise a disabled child, so they abort it.  They are literally sacrificing the child at the alter for the god of convenience!  There are also things going on today that also happened in Sodom and Gomorra.  Homosexuality.  Gay sex ran rampant.  There were men who even wanted to rape angels who were in male forms (Genesis 19).  Last year, gay marriage became legal everywhere in the US.  We are seeing Sodom and Gomorra play out all over again.  No one wants to hear the truth anymore, they'd rather hear what they want to hear, itchy ears.

Yes, things are bad, but they're going to get much worse.  So what do we do?  We keep praying and we keep preaching the Gospel.  We do our mission until God calls us home.  Everyone needs to hear the Gospel and have a chance to accept Jesus.  If they refuse to, then that is their fault, not yours.  But if you don't preach the Gospel to all people, then that is your fault.  We must complete our mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment