Monday, October 10, 2016

Fight to Survive

Last night I had a terrifying dream, and I think part of the reason it was so terrifying is because there was a lot of truth in it.  I was originally going to blog about something else today, but I feel like this is something I should address today.

In my dream, I kept getting text messages from an unknown number that said, "I'm coming for you!" Eventually, I realized it was actually Satan sending me these messages!  I was so scared he was going to take my soul.  I kept asking my parents "What should I do?  I don't want him taking my soul!"  They kept saying, "Ask God to protect you."  So I begged God to not let Satan take my soul.  There was this internal battle going on.  I could tell Satan was trying to take it (and quite violently I might add), but there was another force protecting me at the same time.  Then I woke up.

You might be thinking, "It's only a dream."  Perhaps it is, or perhaps there's something deeper behind it.  I don't know honestly.  But there is something I do know, we are ALL prisoners.  Satan really does own all of our souls and eventually he comes to collect what belongs to him.  The enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy.  I have come that you may have life and have it abundantly.  (John 10:10)  But there is hope!  Jesus payed the ultimate price to free us!  We are no longer slaves to Satan when we are in Christ.  Satan has no ownership of us anymore.    Instead, we are children of God!  (Galatians 3:26)  Even though we are children of God, there is still an internal fight over our souls.  There is a war that is going on, and every one of us is in it.  It is a war not against flesh and blood, but against a much darker enemy.  (Ephesians 6:12)

You may say, "I fight for myself.  I am a slave to no one."  The enemy wants you to think that way.  Your prison has all sorts of nice things in it to keep you from escaping.  It's comfortable, even though the prison door is open!  All you have to do is walk out of it, but you're so comfortable where you're at now you don't want to leave.  It may be nice now, but eventually the executioner comes out.  You either die or escape and the only way to escape is to go through the door.  (John 10:9)  Once you leave the prison, it won't be all sunshine and rainbows.  The enemy will try to fight and bring you back in your prison.  But you don't fight alone.  Once you leave the prison you are an ambassador, a child of the King!  (2 Corinthians 5:20)  The King and His army fight for you against the enemy.  But you have to not go back to your prison.  Life won't be easy, in fact, it may be even harder than your life was in the prison.  We were never promised an easy life.  The world will hate us.  (John 15:18)  They will try to beat us and kill us.  They may be able to physically kill us, but spiritually, we will never die.  (John 11:25)  We have to fight for our souls!  But not just our own souls, but the souls of others as well!  We have to help those who are in their prisons realize there is a door they can leave!  You may say, "I have all the time in the world, I don't have to leave right now."  You DON'T have as much time as you think you do!  As I said before, eventually the executioner will come to kill you.  Once he comes there is no escape.  You must escape now!  Fight for your soul!



No comments:

Post a Comment