Wednesday, January 31, 2018

God is not Ashamed of You

For a long time I really struggled with thinking God was angry with me.  That he didn't love me, and that he was ashamed of me.  Like some day when I see him, he'll be like, "Oh great, now I have to deal with her for an eternity (literally)."  Maybe you struggle with the same thing.  I want to tell you something though, and I want it to really sink in - really think about it.  Are you ready?

God is not ashamed of you.
God is not angry with you.
God loves you.

Let those words really sink in - really meditate on them.  Brothers and sisters in Christ, he loves you so much, more than you could ever know; and one day, you will have an eternity finding out just how much he loves you.  I wish I could tell you how much he loves you, but I don't even know how much he loves us.  It's something so extreme that we can't understand in this life.  We can't wrap our brains around it.  My guess is if we even understood half of his love for us, our brains would combust because it's just impossible for us to understand it.  So much of the Scriptures describes how God loves us.  Even in his anger he loves us.  He has every opportunity to wipe humanity off the face of the earth with just the tip of his finger!  But he doesn't do that.  Does he discipline us?  Of course!  A good parent disciplines their kids when they're acting up.  It doesn't mean they don't love their kids though right?  Does he want to discipline you?  Well, I can't read God's mind, but my guess is he doesn't enjoy it.  He doesn't just sit there waiting for you to mess up and jumps at the opportunity to discipline you.  He doesn't sit there waiting to smite you.  He's very patient.  So many times in Scripture people turn to idols instead of to him.  People replaced him - the Creator of the universe; the One who gave them breath!  The One who saved their butts every time they cried out for help!  They would turn from him, then expect him to come to their rescue - every. single. time.  Not once did he throw his hands in the air, "That's it!  I'm done with these people!  Time to get rid of them all!"



Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.

Ecclesiastes 7:20



God has had every right to get rid of us.  He's given us chance after chance after chance, though he hasn't given up on us.  Sometimes people give up on us for a number of reasons - but he NEVER will give up on you!  He will always be there with you and for you.  The world may give up on you; you - yourself may even give up on you, but he never will.



So be strong and courageous!  Do not be afraid and do not panic before them.  For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you.  He will neither fail you nor abandon you.

Deuteronomy 3:16



He will never abandon you.  You are his most precious child, his pride and joy - his most treasured creation.  He IS for you, not against you (Romans 8:31)!  Often times we reject his love, but he wants to give us his love to the fullest!  He wants to overwhelm you with his love and I can tell you, it can be overwhelming for me.  It can drive me to tears.  It can cause me to feel a bit embarrassed.  I mean, how can a perfect God love someone so messed up like me?  It can cause me to be more bold (I'm a really timid person honestly).  This blog for example.  It can be difficult to be so raw sometimes.  It's difficult to be so vulnerable.  People scare me.  But if God really does love me, and he is always with me, what do I have to be afraid?  What can man do to me?  Can my feelings get hurt?  Sure.  But Christ offers his shoulder to cry on, while he gently holds me, letting me know that he won't hurt me and will protect me.

I know I can never love him as much as he loves me, and I can't love others as much as he loves them (it's not going to stop me from loving anyone though).  My hope is that I can show you just a glimpse of how much he loves you.

God is not ashamed of you.
God is not angry with you.
God loves you.



No comments:

Post a Comment