Friday, September 18, 2015

Justice







I was thinking about justice yesterday.  How much I want justice for all the suffering I've been going through.  Then again, I know some day I'll have to make an account for all the wrong I've done to God too.  I feel like I keep having to pay for the sins I've made.  To say "I want justice" is funny really.  We want justice for when someone wrongs us, but we don't want to have to pay for the sins we've caused either.  Justice seems one-sided I guess. 
Romans 12:19 says,

Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

There are things I want to say to people who have hurt me terribly, but I need to not say them.  I need to let God avenge me.  God isn't going to let them get away with the wrong they've done.  But I also have to remember God isn't going to let me get away with the wrong I've done too.  God will avenge the people I've hurt too.  God's vengeance doesn't always come in this side of life.  Sometimes it'll come in the next life.  I fear how I will be judged by God, but I know God is merciful.  He's just, but merciful too.  I know I've made a lot of mistakes, and I don't deserve to be in God's Kingdom.  But because Christ died for me I can go there some day.  Those who have hurt me have that chance too.  God will be just to them, but he will be merciful too if they are his children.  I don't wish for anyone to go to hell, don't take me the wrong way and think that when I say "I want justice" I want anyone to go to hell.  I want them to understand what they did was wrong and how much it hurt me.  But I want God to show them mercy at the same time, like he has shown me.

No comments:

Post a Comment