Sunday, August 21, 2016

Bud

A few weeks ago my friend Bud passed away.  He had been battling cancer for over a year (though I'm not sure what kind of cancer it was).  I hadn't realized just how sick he was honestly.  It came as a shock to me when I found out he had died the day after his birthday.  When we went to Knoxville for a couple weeks, I had hoped to visit Bud's grave since I couldn't make it to the funeral, but he'd been cremated so I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to him.

Bud was always pretty cheerful.  He played the keyboard and organ at church.  After he was diagnosed with cancer though, he wasn't really able to play anymore.  I was kinda in the church band too when he joined.  I got to sing one time at church and he was playing the keyboard then.  I would call him "Buddy."  When he started going through chemo he couldn't always make it to practice so we'd call him when we'd start the Bible Study portion and include him in it.  I always missed seeing him at church and was really happy to see him when he'd come.

Bud, despite your struggles, you were always really positive and I really admired that about you.  Thanks for being my friend, you are very much missed.  I'm sorry I didn't get to be there for you when you were really sick.  I wasn't able to say goodbye to you, but I know some day we'll get to say hello to each other again.

url.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment