Monday, October 19, 2015

Falling

I wrote this a year ago, it's just some creative writing.

I'm falling...falling....falling down in the depths....
How could I not see this coming?  My enemies are always pushing me to the edge....
My enemies beat me to the point where I can't breathe anymore....I gasp for air but there is none left at the stench of my own blood....
My sins of the past have finally caught up with me....
I've tried to stay strong....I've tried to hang onto the joy I once had....the joy my rescuer gave me when he got me out of prison....
I still remember that day....when he got me out of prison....

I was chained to the wall....naked and ashamed of all my mistakes....
I was a rebel to the King.....and now I was to pay for my crimes against him....
But wait....who is this?  Someone's coming!  It must be my executioner....I shouldn't have any hope of someone to rescue me....
No....it's not an executioner....it's the King's Son!  He's opening the prison door....he's giving me something to drink....this water....it's fresh and clean!
Why is the King's Son helping me?  Wait....someone else is coming!  He better hide before someone finds him....no....he refuses to hide.....
It's the executioner....the executioner is surprised to see the King's Son here with me....
The King's Son tells the executioner, "She has been pardoned of the crimes she committed and for future ones she commits to the King.  She's to be set free...."
A knot forms in my throat when the King's Son says, "I'm taking her place."
The executioner says, "Very well then, sir" and bows to the King's Son.....
The King's Son is beaten mercilessly despite being of royal blood and innocent....because he is taking the punishment of a criminal....my punishment....
The executioner kills the King's Son....when all of a sudden....my chains fall off!  I'm astounded!  I'm free!
The door to the prison....it's open!
I walk through the door and what was dark and cold in the prison, I'm met with birds singing outside....the sun is shining....I can feel the grass beneath my feet and a breeze gently kissing my face.....
As I start walking out....a messenger from the King comes running towards me....I'm afraid....what if they don't know what the King's Son did for me and decide to put me back in prison again?
No....the messenger says, "Miss, the King wants an audience with you!  Here's a letter with the King's seal on it as proof!  He wants to adopt you!"
Is this messenger serious?  I was a criminal....I hated the King passionately....now he wants to adopt me?
The messenger says exictedly, "Please come with me, I'll take you to him!"
I follow the messenger....still afraid and confused....but I have nowhere else to go....no one else to turn to....
I figured the King was going to meet me somewhere outside his palace....but no....the messenger takes me inside the palace....inside the throneroom!
I see the King sitting on his throne....his majesty overwhelming me....I am struck with fear and awe at the same time....
Sitting next to him is his Son!  How is his Son sitting there?  I saw him get executed in my place!
The King looks at me....searching me as if to see if I'm worthy of being in his presence....then a grin forms on his face....
"Allie," the King says heartily.  "I'm glad you've made it.  You were once a criminal, but my Son paid the price for your freedom.  I want to adopt you as my own child now."
I was about to ask why....but I was afraid to say anything....but the King could see I wanted to ask him....he answered my question without me even asking!
"It's because I love you.  My Son came back from the dead and when I see you, I don't see the crimes you've done, I see what my Son did for you."
The messenger brings some armor and hands them to the King....the King says, "I want you to do something for me.  There are other people who are lost, people in prisons just like you were.  I want you to show them what my Son has done for them.  He didn't pay for just your crimes, he paid for theirs as well.  Show them they are free in my Son!"
I wanted to ask "How can I?  I'm just one person," but the words would not form from my mouth....I was still too afraid to even speak.  The King saw the fear in me and said, "I will be with you.  There will be tough enemies who will try to kill you, but I will be with you and I will help you overcome them!  I will guide you."  The King started putting the armor on me....I was now not only adopted by the King....I was a warrior!
The King looks at me observingly and says, "There's something missing...."  He grabs a cloak and puts it around me.  On the cloak and the clasp is the King's seal.
The King smiles and says, "Trust in me when the enemy attacks you, I will help you, no matter how hopeless it seems."
I nod and wave goodbye to the King and his Son....I once hated the King....but now I love the King passionately....

Now I'm falling down a pit of darkness....the enemy overwhelmed me....they tore my armor off....even the cloak with the King's seal has been torn off....
This pit of darkness seems endless....falling further and further into despair....I've failed the King.....I've failed the King's Son.....I've failed my new Father....
My cries are in silence....no one can hear them....they're only heard in emptiness....
What's this....something shined in the darkness....my cloak wasn't completely torn off....the clasp is still there with the King's seal on it!
I hold on to the clasp tightly and cry...."I wish you could rescue me from here...."
Another light shines....but this one is much brighter....much larger....and it's coming from above me!
The light is coming towards me....it's too bright to look at....but there's a purity to this light.....there's love in this light.....
I can see this light now!  It's the King!  He's come to my rescue!  He grabs my hand!  But wait, something has grabbed my foot and is pulling me down!
It's like a tentacle pulling me further and further down at a more rapid pace!  Faster and faster it's pulling me down....I see teeth!  It's going to devour me!
I scream, "Father!  Help me!"
The King grabs my hand with one hand....he looks at the creature that was pulling me down and just like that it let's go of me!
The King pulls me back up....we're out of the pit of darkness....I can breathe now!  Air is finally reaching my lungs!
I look at the King with tears filling my eyes wanting to thank him....while at the same time wanting to apologize for failing him....
The King puts armor on me again....he puts the cloak on me again....the King says, "Don't give up to the darkness....no matter how hopeless it seems, I will help you....put your trust in me and I will come for you."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment