Monday, March 12, 2018

My Poison

Creative writing by me




There's a poison in me that I can't get rid of.
I don't want to eat, but when I have to eat I feel like the poison is growing.
The poison is slowly killing me, starting with my brain.
My brain is so sick.....
It tells me things are there when there isn't.
It tells me everyone is disgusted when they see me.
It tells me everyone I love is going to leave me.
It tells me my greatest nightmares are real.
It tells me I'm all alone.
It tells me I'm worthless.
It tells me everyone would be better off if I were dead.
It encourages me to do things I don't want to do.
"Do it!  Do it right now!  No one will be able to stop you!  End this once and for all!  No one will care about what happens to you!"
"Go away!" I tell it.
The poison gets louder and louder.

I'm six feet below the ground.
I'm stuck in a coffin I can't get out of.
The poison has been making it's way through my body.
The food I once loved to eat is destroying me.
I'm pounding on the coffin.
"Get me out of here!"
No one can hear me though.
I'm stuck....suffocating with no air.
Soon I will decay, and maggots will eat me.
A tear falls from my face, knowing this is the end.
I close my eyes, accepting my fate, and utter under my breath "Jesus."

I hear something outside.
I feel my coffin being tugged violently.
I hear a banging on the top of the coffin.
My body is growing cold, I know there's no chance for me to make it out alive.
The oxygen is leaving me.
I hear a shout, "DON'T GIVE UP ON ME!"
Who was that?
The pounding gets louder and louder.
There is all of a sudden warmth coming in the coffin.
Where is this warmth coming from?
I'm starting to see the top of the coffin crack.
Am I actually going to be getting out of here alive?
The larger the cracks, the brighter the light is outside.
"YOU KEEP HANGING ON TO ME!" The voice yells.

A little glimmer of hope is arising in me.
The poison's voices are getting quieter - to the point I can barely hear them.
"Please help me!" I cry out.
"I'll get you out of here!  Trust me!" The voice says.

Finally, I can see outside!
I'm above the ground!
I can finally breathe again!
I climb out of my coffin - no, a coffin.  What was once considered mine is no longer mine.
I see my rescuer, smiling at me.
I run to him and I thank him.  "You saved me!"
He chuckles a bit, "You called for me."





No comments:

Post a Comment