Friday, March 16, 2018

Buried Beneath







Creative writing by me





Darkness surrounds me
I'm covered with maggots feasting on my soul
My heart is shattered in a million pieces
I tried time and time again to put my heart back together
Every time though it shattered even more than before
I feel so alone
I feel so tired
I have no fight left in me
I have nothing left to give

Darkness surrounds me
I'm suffocating
There is no air here, just pure darkness
There is nothing but pain here
My soul is in torment
I wish I could harden my heart as stone; and as sharp as diamond
My heart is too tender, easily torn and broken

Darkness surrounds me
My pillow is covered in my tears
I'm drowning in my sorrows
There is nothing left for me
No pill can save me, no blade can numb me
No person can rescue me
The ground has swallowed me
I can't breathe, dirt is filling my lungs
Dirt is under my nails from trying to dig myself out
But I can't get out this time

It's time to accept my fate
I'm at the end of my rope
I'm out of oxygen
I'm out of strength
It's time to just shut my eyes and give up trying anymore
I'm done






NO!  I can't give up!
I have to keep clawing at the dirt!
I have to get out!
I have to rip the maggots off!
I have to fight!

I'm trying to dig myself out, but more dirt is being piled on top of me
I'm tired, but I can't give up!
I keep clawing at the dirt




I'm exhausted
I tried to get out
I have no energy left




What's this?
A hand has reached down into the dirt and taken my hand!
I'm being pulled out!
I'm coughing the dirt out of my lungs
The maggots are falling off of me




The air feels nice
I can actually breathe now
My rescuer holds me
There's warmth in his embrace
He wipes my tears from my face
I was buried beneath the darkness, but now I'm breathing above in the light

He points to me the spot I had been buried; the place that was once full of darkness
I look, and there is a tiny plant growing
I ask him, "What is this plant?"
He answers, "The healing of your brokenness.
"Each time you overcome the darkness, it grows more."
I was confused, "But I didn't overcome the darkness, you came to my rescue!"
He smiles, "By depending on me, you overcome the darkness."









1 comment: